Agile Testing Essentials with Ruby
Hands-on exercises will give you the expertise you need to automate your tests with Cucumber and Ruby.
What you will learn in this course
The classic approach is to write code and then write a test for it. This often leads to tests being neglected.
Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tries to solve this problem and helps you to avoid bugs. Tests are being written as actual user-stories rather than just code with BDD. This leads to valuable, well-defined specifications of the system’s intended behavior.
Learn to take advantage of BDD by using tools like Cucumber.
Introduction to Ruby
Ruby Datatypes and Control Structure
Understand Software Testing
Development Driven Testing
Test Driven Development
Behavior Driven Development
Introduction to Cucumber
Develop and Test a REST API with the BDD methodology
How to introduce agile testing methods in your company
This course is designed for
- System- and Cloud-Administrators interested using automated testing tools like Cucumber.
- Developers that want to manage resources for development and testing environments
- System-, Cloud-Administrators and Developers that want to reduce time spent on deployment and testing
- System-, Cloud-Administrators and Developers that want to increase test coverage
To get most out of this course, you should have:
- Basic understanding of Linux
- Basic experience with the Linux terminal
Our trainers have years of experience and will deliver the right mix of:
- Insightful theory
- Practical examples
We recommend the following equipment:
- Stable internet connection
- Modern browser
Continuous Delivery meets Cloud Native.Details & booking
Test your Terraform managed infrastructure.Details & booking
Agile Testing Essentials with Python
Hands-on exercises will give you the expertise you need to automate your tests with Python and Behave.Details & booking